Use the following steps to setup your LAN connection in Windows XP, when your computer is the device plugged in to your wireless radio or POE.
Note: - You will need your static IP settings and DNS settings before you continue. If you don't have your settings, call into support so we can provide them to you.
1. First, go to the start menu and into Control Panel.
2. Once in Control Panel, if you are in Category view, click on "Switch to Classic View" in the top left.
3. Now that you are in classic view, find and double click on Network Connections.
4. Now that you are in Network Connections, right click on your Local Area Connection, and left click on properties.
5. In the Local Area Connections properties window, highlight Internet Protocol, and click on the properties button.
6. In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, you will need to select "Use the following IP address" and "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
Enter in the corresponding settings per their section. If you don't have the settings, or need help with them, call into tech support so we can provide them to you.
7. Once the settings have been entered in, click ok on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window, then click on close on the Local Area Connections properties window.
At this point the Local Area Connection should say connected. See if you can browse to a web site at this time. If you are able to, your setup is complete. If you are not able to browse, call us here at tech support, so we can verify your settings are correct.