Use the following steps to setup an Actiontec PK5000 - Do Not install the CD that came with the modem!
Make sure that your cables are all plugged in. You should have a phone cord plugged into the Internet or Line jack on the back of the modem, going to the wall phone jack that your DSL line is installed on.
The Ethernet cable should be plugged into the Ethernet port on the back of the modem, and the other end in the network adapter on your computer.
1. Open your browser. In the address bar enter in http://192.168.0.1 and hit enter. You should get the Actiontec setup page. If a message appears that says the page cannot be displayed, give tech support a call, so we can walk you through an alternative way to get into the modem's setup.
2. On the main page click on the "Quick Setup" option at the top of the screen.
3. On the Quick Setup page, enter in your username and password that was setup for your DSL account, then click on "Advanced IP Configuration" in the bottom right corner. If you are unsure of what your username and password is, call into support so we can give you that information.
4. On the Wan IP Address page, follow these steps.
- Under "Select the item below that is utilized by your ISP", select PPPOA.
- Scroll down and verify your username and password is entered as you entered it on the previous page.
- Scroll down and click on the Apply button at the bottom of the page.
Your Internet light should come on solid green, provided your DSL light is on solid green. If both lights are solid, you are all setup and online. See if you can get a web page like http://www.cnn.com or http://www.google.com
- If the Internet light turned red, then the username and or password is misspelled, or Qwest no longer has you pointed at our service. Call into support so we can help you troubleshoot.
- If your DSL light is still flashing, then your connection with Qwest hasn't connected. Make sure you have the phone cord plugged into the correct wall phone jack that your DSL is installed on.
- If it's in the correct jack, then you will need to call Qwest's DSL support and have them troubleshoot your connection. Qwest's DSL support can be reached at: 1-800-247-7285.